Urgent Care Doctors Accepting New Patients in Denton, TX
If you are looking for a doctor who accepts new patients, then visit our professionals for your urgent healthcare needs. We are conveniently located at 4400 Teasley Ln #200 Denton, TX 76210. For more information, please call us or simply walk in!
Table of Contents:
How can I find an urgent care doctor in Denton, TX?
Do urgent care doctors accept new patients?
What questions should a new patient ask the doctor?
Urgent care doctors are similar to family doctors in that they treat people with non-life-threatening injuries and illnesses such as ear infections, UTIs, sprains, strains, minor cuts, flu-like symptoms, and more. Urgent care doctors are there for patients who need to see a doctor right away, when they can’t get in to see their family physician or when their medical situation is not deemed a life-saving emergency. Urgent care centers are an excellent alternative to hospital emergency rooms and are generally quicker and less expensive too.
When looking for an urgent care doctor, it is good to keep several things in mind, such as:
– Where is the urgent care doctor located?
– How far is the urgent care from your residence?
– Is there easy access to the building?
– What medical expertise do the doctors have?
– Do they have a specialty?
– Do they clearly communicate with patients and staff?
– What services are offered?
– Do they have lab and x-rays onsite?
– Are the staff welcoming and compassionate?
– Are they accurate when processing insurance?
When researching which urgent care doctor is best for you, it is helpful to find a doctor that not only can treat your ailment with expertise and in a timely fashion, but also with sensitivity and compassion. It just isn’t about finding the right doctor, but rather, the right team.
Yes, the point of an urgent care center is that anyone can go there. You don’t need an appointment (unless you have been given instruction from the clinic that you need one). You can ask the presiding doctor if they do follow-up appointments or if they will send your medical report to your primary physician.
Some patients prefer to come to urgent care clinics, like Minor Emergency of Denton, as they know they will get superior care.
Whether you’re looking for a regular doctor or seeing one when needed, such as with an urgent care clinic, there are several things to ask the attending physician.
Some questions are:
– If I need to come to the urgent care several times, will I be able to always see you, or will another doctor see me?
– Can you see my child?
– Are you board certified? And if you are, what in?
– Can I do a follow-up appointment with you?
– How thorough are your visits? Do you send away for lab & X-rays?
– Will you be able to prescribe medication refills?
– How do I choose a new doctor?
– When looking for a new doctor, it is important to research the doctors in your area.
– Ask for referrals from friends and family
– See if you can have a meet & greet
– Look for a medical professional with expertise that meets your health needs.
– Check to see what insurances are accepted